Bryant Van Leeuwen, MD is a board certified urologist with Portneuf Urology. He did not consider a career in medicine until receiving encouragement from his middle school science teacher. After Bryant carefully dissected a shark in class, his teacher said, “I’ve never seen anyone do that. You should be a surgeon.”
Despite earning an undergraduate degree in business management with an emphasis in marketing, he still gravitated toward science and medicine. While assisting with the care of his aging grandfather, Bryant came to realize that he wanted to be part of the medical field to help people.
After considering other specialties, Bryant ultimately decided on urology for its use of technology, continuous innovation, and mix of major and minor surgeries and diagnoses. He is able to forge lifelong relationships with his patients.
Bryant has lived in Utah, New Jersey, Ohio, Nebraska, and spent two years in the Caribbean. He and his family chose Pocatello for its size, proximity to family, climate, and outdoor opportunities.
When he’s not practicing medicine, Bryant loves cooking, fishing, hiking, watersports, playing board and card games, listening to audiobooks, scuba diving, and is a big BYU sports supporter.
- Women’s Urologic Services
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Men’s Health Services
- Low Testosterone
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
- Undescended Testicle
- Open, laparoscopic and robotic treatment of complex urologic cancers including bladder, kidney and prostate.
- Open and robotic surgery of urinary reconstruction
- Stricture disease
- Testicular and Scrotal surgery
- Management of urologic trauma
- Comprehensive stone management including surgical and medical treatment
- Bipolar and laser prostate surgery
- Management of urinary incontinence and overactive bladder including neuromodulation and Botox therapy
- Medical and surgical management of male and female incontinence
- Medical and surgical management of erectile dysfunction
- Select pediatric urologic care
- REZUM - For patients with BPH this is an alternative to managed medication or watchful waiting. It is an in-office procedure that uses steam to ablate the prostate, killing cells and shrinking the prostate down.