Experience you can count on
Neurology is a medical specialty that deals with disorders of the nervous system, which encompasses three major components:
- Central Nervous System: brain and spinal cord
- Peripheral Nervous System: Sensory and motor nerves including the arms, legs, face and body
- Autonomic Nervous System: Sensory and motor nerves that deal with automatic organ function or other responses within the body, such as breathing and sweating.
Some of the common diseases and disorders treated by our team include:
- Seizure disorders (epilepsy)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Memory and cognitive disorders
- Migraines and headache disorders
- Movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease or tremors
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Restless leg syndrome
At Portneuf Medical Group, our neurologists diagnose and treat patients 18 years and older.