Job Related Illness and Injury
Work medicine, sometimes referred to as occupation medicine or environmental medicine, is devoted to the prevention and treatment of job-related illness and injury. Today, businesses of all sizes, now more than ever, are partnering with occupational medical specialists to provide job-safety training, health education, injury prevention programs, as well as prompt medical treatment for work-related injuries.
As a specialized field, Occupational Medicine provides a unique, proactive approach that is simple, convenient and comprehensive. It can help reduce workplace hazards and other health issues that can adversely affect employee productivity.
As one way to help control medical costs, many business are offering a host of work-related medical services to their employees with the goal of helping increase health and safety while on the job. Nurse Case Managers facilitate communication between the worker, employer, provider and insurance carrier, monitoring the employee’s progress from the initial visit to their return to full duty at work. Case Management is the critical link between the injured worker and the employer.
Portneuf Medical Center’s WorkMed Occupational Health Center is a comprehensive occupational medicine clinic specializing in injury and illness care. Occupational Medicine (OEM) physicians are knowledgeable regarding the laws and regulations, work fitness, return to work and disability management.
Portneuf WorkMed is dedicated to providing efficient, accurate services to test, diagnose, and treat work related health issues including comprehensive injury and illness care with RN case management.
Injury & Illness Care
- Treatment & Diagnosis – Focuses on early rehabilitation and disability prevention
- Case Management – Ensures communication between our clinic, your business, and the insurance company.
- Injury Prevention & Education
- Substance Abuse Testing
- Department of Transportation (DOT) and Non-DOT Urine Drug Collection
- Expert Interpretation by a certified Medical Review Officer (MRO)
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Qualification Exams
- DOT Physicals
- Customized Pre-Placement Physicals
- Respirator Medical Clearance
- Medical Surveillance
- Hearing Conservation Programs and Screenings
- OSHA Mandated Exams:
- Hazardous Materials
- Hearing Conservation
- Others on Request
- Special Exams
- Law Enforcement
- Customized Exams
- Employee Health Fairs
- Vaccinations, lu shots and TB testing
- Fitness/flexibility clearance
- Flu Shots
- Medical Imaging/X-rays
- Work Site Evaluations