Clinics / Affiliations:
777 Hospital Way
Pocatello, ID 83201
Mon-Thurs 8-4:30pm, Fri 8-12pm
American Board of Urology
Education & Training:
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Duke University School Of Medicine
Peter J. Jones, MD is a native of the Western United States, having been born and raised in Utah. He attended Utah State University, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Cellular and Molecular Biology. He then attended medical school at Duke University School of Medicine in beautiful North Carolina.
Thanks to some excellent experiences in medical school, he decided to pursue his training in urologic surgery and was fortunate to complete his urology training at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire.
After 10 years away from family, he and his family decided to return to their roots and move back West. They have been in Pocatello since 2012 and love the area and the wonderful people who live here. He and his wife have four children, all of whom have become very active in the artistic and athletic communities found in this great area.
He is pleased to offer the following services:
- Women’s Urologic Services
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Men’s Health Services
- Low Testosterone
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
- Undescended Testicle
- Open, laparoscopic and robotic treatment of complex urologic cancers including bladder, kidney and prostate.
- Open and robotic surgery of urinary reconstruction
- Management of urologic trauma
- Comprehensive stone management including surgical and medical treatment
- Bipolar and laser prostate surgery
- Management of urinary incontinence and overactive bladder including neuromodulation and Botox therapy
- Medical and surgical management of male incontinence
- Medical and surgical management of erectile dysfunction
- Select pediatric urologic care
- REZUM - For patients with BPH this is an alternative to managed medication or watchful waiting. It is an in-office procedure that uses steam to ablate the prostate, killing cells and shrinking the prostate down.
Submitted by ahs-admin on Fri, 12/29/2017 - 13:36
I have been a patient of Dr. Jones for several years. What impresses me most is that it is immediately apparent that he is a person who cares about and understands his patients. Dr. Jones never makes me feel hurried if I have questions and always explains in a compassionate way. Medicine is clinical but Dr. Jones brings humanity. I never feel afraid. Admittedly, I was used to good patient care formerly living in a larger city. However, the quality of care by Dr. Jones equals or surpasses what you would find in larger cities. What you get as the "icing on the cake" is the personal attention to detail. Dr. Jones comes comes from prestigious schools and his training is outstanding. I am very grateful to be one of his patients.
— Francesco V
Wonderful staff, great doctor!
— Melinda Rodriquez
Wonderful staff who go out of their way to make appointments, answer questions, and provide first class service. Nurses do outstanding work in the clinic and ALWAYS return calls with questions. Totally professional nurses! Dr. Jones is the best urologist I have seen in my adult life. He is very honest and very intellectual, yet he is articulate enough to explain medical diagnosis/terms on the patient level. Jones is a gifted surgeon I trust completely. Truly, the best clinic in the PMC complex. I hope Dr. Jones keeps his practice here, we really need a doctor with a high caliber of skill and integrity. None better than Dr. Jones and his team. Thank you!
— William Treasure
Dr Jones is very attentive and accurate in his care. He is quick to diagnose, select a treatment, and follow through to its conclusion. Why drive to SLC or IF for treatment, when Dr. Jones is right here in Pocatello.
— Tom Horner