Our Team is Passionate about Your Care
We are the largest general surgery group in the state of Idaho. Our Surgical Specialists come from across the United States. From Boulder and Burlington, VT; Sao Paulo and Pocatello; and from Pennsylvania and Montana, the Portneuf Surgical Specialists work in a team environment and collaborate to deliver the best patient care.
"The recognition that a team is more powerful than a lone actor has been key to introducing practices that improve patient outcomes,” said Atul A. Gawande, MD, MPH, FACS, a surgeon, writer, and public health researcher.
We are committed and confident that a team approach to patient care is vital when it comes to providing the best care possible. We are on call 24/7/365 and can take same day or next day appointments on all your general surgery needs.
Experts in Robotic Surgery: Our surgeons perform many laparoscopic (minimally invasive) interventions, and are certified to perform robotic surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System at Portneuf Medical Center.
Services and Programs:
- All General Surgery Cases
- Abdominal surgery, including liver, pancreas, gallbladder and stomach
- Gastrointestinal surgery, including stomach, intestines and appendix
- Colon, rectal, hemorrhoid and anus surgery
- Combined Breast Cancer Clinic
- Hernia Center of Excellence
- Abdominal Wall Reconstruction
- Trauma Call and Services
- High Volume Colorectal Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Oncoplastic and Multidisciplinary Breast Care
- Endocrine Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery and Body Sculpting
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
By combining modern technology and a skilled surgical team, we are confident our services meet the highest standards of care, whether it be for inpatient surgery or same day surgery. We are committed to a philosophy of continuously improving skills and expertise with the latest advancements in surgical procedures and technology.
From your first appointment, your surgical procedure, and our follow-up care, we care for you every step of the way.